Colette
The dreaded phrase! One thing that is almost 100% expected with boys is that someday they will decide that picking up bugs and showing them to you is COOL! I was busy doing some budgeting on the computer and Ronan shows up behind me and says that awful and fearful phrase!! I turned around and this is what he had to show me:


Of course I scooted him back outside before I busted out the camera. Ronan has always been the type that thought bugs were gross, didn't like getting his hands dirty and generally is a clean kid. But with the influence and courage of his younger, more typically boyish brother he mustered up the courage to do it. Here is the original culprit:

Notice the difference in their facial expressions?! One is a bit uncertain, the other...pure joy. Ah ha...ah ha ha ha ha...Mason continued to bring me these nasty NASTY wood bugs every day for about a week. He even woke me up one morning by dropping one IN TO MY BED and THEN said "Mommy look! A bug!!!" Until that moment I had no idea that wood bugs curled up into a "cute" little ball so that they could roll around. Yeah, the thing rolled right at me!! So we've officially entered "boy-hood". Oh...joy... ;) Just for the record...I hate bugs.

0 Responses