Colette
Another early morning! Camping is always like that. I've never really been able to sleep in long while camping. My Grandma on the other hand...she and my Grandpa were sleeping in the back of their van. She had it all set up with a nice mattress and her big, huge, fluffy duvet. It looked incredibly cozy!! She slept well past 10 in the morning! haha I love it!

I called Slade this morning to talk to him about my frustrations last night. He had planned to come out and visit during the day so I decided to just suck it up and stay the last night. So we hung around the campsite for awhile. Brian and Brenda Leavitt showed up and took Irene's kids for a little ride in their car to explore the camp grounds and beaches. While they were gone, I put Summer down for her morning nap. While I wasn't looking this is what happened:



I saw Ronan (without his knowledge) hiding behind my mom's van. So I peeked to check out what he was doing. He had snagged Summer's bottle and was sucking on it!!!! hahaha Ronan, when he was a baby, LOVED his bottles!! It took me quite awhile to ween him off, he was 2 1/2! So this, some how, didn't surprise me all that much. He has been very interested in Summer's bottles when she started accepting one. I think deep down he misses having one. Either that or it is just the novelty of sucking on a bottle. Anyways, I crept around the van and snapped his picture. Of course he wasn't too happy with me, and he took off. This is also a common occurrence when I bust out the camera. Both Ronan and Mason declare they "hate getting pictures" and so I just take that many more! I know...I'm a mean mom. ;) So I chased them around with the camera for awhile.

Slade showed up at camp around 11:00. Summer was still sleeping so we decided to have lunch before we would go swimming. While we were cooking lunch Irene called out saying she saw a Raccoon. So we chased it through the woods and up a tree. It was so cute! It climbed up pretty high, but I managed to get a few good pictures of it! This must be a raccoon from the family that tromped through our sites very early in the morning the first night! As a recap: They had climbed up onto the bins some had stacked up underneath Irene's "bed" in the tent trailer. They woke her up by bumping the support poles for her bed. Of course she was scared at first, but realized what it was. The raccoons ended up getting into a fight, crashed into my mom's tent bumping Krystal's bed (who slept through the whole noisy affair) and then rambled past our tent. It was quite the fight, and I was surprised my kids slept through that. Anyways, here's the little guy peeking down at us:


When Summer finally woke up from her nap and we had all eaten lunch, we headed off to the beach again. The water didn't feel quite as cold as the first time and we stayed there for quite a while. I took Summer back to camp for a nap (my Grandparents weren't swimming and had stayed behind) and went back to the water and managed to get some good swim time of my own in. A rare treat! It was nice, I laid on a rock with my mom and suntanned while Jared and Alyssa played around in the water. The rest of the kids slowly went back to camp. Finally we headed back in time to start up some dinner. Irene and their family were ready to head home shortly after dinner. It didn't take long for a new camper to come along and snag up her site! It was sad to see them go, sad to be done camping with everyone. I've really missed camping and hadn't really realized it until I was there. It was especially nice that I got to go with my mom, sisters, and grandparents! Lots of fun!! After dinner I spent most of the evening sun trying to pack up as much as possible. Check out is at 11am, and I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be able to do it all in the morning. I also like to have a nice relaxed check out. So by the time it was dark, the majority of my gear was packed and ready to go except for the tent and bedding of course! :) We had a nice campfire and then headed off to bed for our last night.
My baby in her "bed".



She likes to peek over the top. :)

0 Responses