Monday night didn't go so well. Between Summer and Mason, I think I managed to get about 1 hour of solid sleep. It was pretty nasty. Mason wakes up most nights around 12:30 usually to go potty, but sometimes just to tell me off. haha "NO Mommy, I-don't-want-to!" is the typical phrase and is repeated several times even if I say absolutely nothing to him. Even in sleep he is as stubborn as stubborn gets! So he woke up every hour from about 1:30 until 4:30 and Summer woke up 3 times in between that. I slept my solid hour of sleep from about 4:30 (when I could see that the sun was beginning to rise). Mason and Ronan woke up at about 6. All my crankiness, that might have been, dissolved almost instantly when they woke me up. They were so cute!! Instead of talking to each other they just giggle this goofy giggle to each other over and over! The novelty of sleeping in a tent must be thrilling for them!!
It was still a bit chilly on day 3, so we decided to hold off any swimming until the next day. I had decided before leaving for camp that since the weather didn't look to nice for the first few days I would come up with a treasure hunt for the kids to do to pass some time if there was a lull. Day 3 was the perfect day for it! No rain, but not much else to do. So while Irene and my mom went out for a canoe ride, I wrote up the clues and hid them around camp. The treasure was a box of smarties for each kid. I waited for Irene and my mom to get back so they could watch. It was lots of fun coming up with the clues (11 in total!) and the kids were all SO competitive! It was great! They seemed to have lots of fun, we had a few tears over taking turns to find the clue, but that's pretty much expected! haha!!
Finding the first clue
The kids with their "Treasure"!
I think Alyssa likes to pose! CUTE! She discovered the smarties on day 1(!!) and I had to hold her off until I found a moment that called for a Treasure Hunt. She asked a few times a day! So needless to say, she was pretty excited to finally have her treasure! haha
Smarties!! Mmmmmmmm! Mason was pretty thrilled too! He kept showing me his smarties!
Later in the afternoon, we took the kids for a walk. They seemed to be suffering a bit of "cabin fever"!! So we thought that would get them to burn some energy. By day 3 though, and with the rain and the cold, they were pretty cranky. The walk wasn't as enjoyable as it could have been, but they were doing pretty well for the circumstances! We stopped at a larger beach at the beginning of the campground. Alyssa and Brandon actually got in the water!! They didn't last long though before they got too cold. We had a piece of rope with us and so we used it to play some skipping with the kids. I got in there a bit! I think it's been maybe 20 years or so since I've skipped, let-alone to the chorus "Cinderella dressed in yella..."!!! It was fun!!
Day 3 was pretty laid back, we didn't do too much. My Uncle Greg showed up with one of his Dobermans, Grace. She was a bit skittish and came at me at one point in the evening!! FREAKY! But generally, she is a good dog. She wasn't handling the new environment too well and all the busy-ness of the kids. Slade also came out for a visit around 7! I wasn't sure if he was going to come, it was a nice surprise! Spencer also showed up as a surprise! Irene wasn't expecting him until Wednesday evening! We had a nice campfire that night. Slade left to go home at about midnight. I was sad that he couldn't stay for the night, but he had a busy day and also had to work Wednesday night. Today was good, a little boring, but good. Oh, and Summer finally cut one of her top teeth and the other is only days away also!! FINALLY!! ;)
My Grandparents are so cute! They have these wind up flashlights and they would sit there at the fire each night for about 1/2 an hour winding them together. Awwwwwe!!
