Colette
We woke up early as usual, and I let the air out of my bed. Ronan was full of questions and was begging to stay one more night. Would have been nice, but I was pretty exhausted by this point. Sleep deprived and dirty...I was ready to go home. So I let the air out of all their beds while they played around in the tent. I hauled all the bedding up to the van, took down the tent, packed up all the straggling items, and had an hour to spare before check out! It was nice to have that last hour to sit and relax, sit around a morning campfire and visit with my Grandparents. My mom had an appointment to go to early that morning. She had left at 5:30. By the time 10:45 rolled around there were new campers already waiting to get in. One even started setting up tent before we had even left!! haha You gotta be quick to get a site at Hicks unless you've reserved. It was fun. I said goodbye to my Grandparents who were heading back up to Merritt, the boys said goodbye to the campsite, and we were off. We got home just after noon. I bathed the kids and had a shower once I had unloaded the van and put some of it away. I can't believe how dirty I was!! My feet and legs alone took half an hour to scrub clean! That's what I get for wearing flip-flops all week! I have to say that I am so grateful for showers, flushing toilets, hair products and soaps that smell nice, and a nice clean house that Slade surprised me with! We left in a whirl wind and I couldn't remember what state I had left the house in, although I was pretty sure it was not clean. It was a VERY nice surprise to come home to! What a sweetie!!

Camping for 6 days with 3 kids...well worth the time and effort. It was so much fun, and my kids had the time of their lives!! I'm so happy that I was able to do this for them and for myself and build these lasting memories with them. I can't wait to do it again!
My Grandma!

I had to lie to Mason and tell him I was taking a picture of his orange not him...technically that's what I was doing!! haha

Ronan giving Summer some love as per usual!
Great-grandpa and Great-grand daughter chillaxin' by the fire!


My sweet little family!

0 Responses