Colette
This year, Mason requested a bug theme. At first I found it a hard theme to find anything to go with it, but it eventally came together. Since it is getting closer to halloween, I found this........cute(???) paper to make the invitations out of:
On the inside it said: "Mason is turning 4! Please join with us in celebrating at his bug party! Creep by on: ... In Our Ant Hill: ... Infestation Time: ... Hope to see you there!! Buzzzzzzzzz us at: ..."
This was the place setting. Each kid got a huge bug with their names attached, binoculars (I had hoped for magnifying glasses, but couldn't find any...) and a bug collector for our bug hunt later on.

These are the little critters I made to dress up the table center. Just styrofoam balls painted and then I used toothpicks to hold them together and pipe cleaners for the legs and eyes. Super easy to do and didn't take very long to make!! And they turned out so cute!



The decor! I was really happy with this colour scheme. It made me feel super happy!! haha We have this giant "window" from our kitchen to dining room and I always get creative with streamers. I like doing this mostly because it blocks out the mess beyond from the party area, but also because it looks A-MA-ZA-ZING!



The craft! These little hats used to be aliens, but I peeled off their eyes and mouths and glued on googley eyes and made wings out of firm, adhesive felt. The kids got to stick on glitter bugs and flowers and I also had the letters of their name in baggies for them to put on their hats as well.


The goody bag! As well as the items on the table, they also go a "Bug's Life" book, skittles, a mini Chocolate bar, stickers and some Buggy Graham Crackers that I found in the states! Score!!



For ice cubes in their drinks I froze gummy Tarantulas in a mini muffin pan.



The kids doing their craft. The only good sport was Westin, he wore his hat for quite awhile...the others...well...their boys. We should just be please that they did the craft. haha


Mason's brief hat wearing moment. You can see he's already going to take it off in the pic!



Before the cake, we played a game. I hid bugs all around the party area and told the kids that while they were doing the craft downstairs we had a bug infestation upstairs!! So they got their little containers and found all the bugs. Cute!!



This was the cake. I didn't get a good picture of it! Waaaaa!! I painted a flower pot and lined it with paper, then built a "Dirt Cake" inside. Layers of Chocolate cake, pudding and crumbled oreo cooking (for the dirt) and I burried gummy worms and tarantulas in it as well. teehee!


Present time!! Always the biggest hit! It was really crazy cuz all the kids matched the colour scheme and each other in one way or another, AND their presents matched too!! All were blue or green or both! It was funny! We had a good time, Mason had lots of fun and was very thankful for his presents. I love party planning!!! Time to start the next!!










0 Responses