Colette
Okay, so it's been over a month since my last post!! Over the past 2 months or so, my lovely, sweet computer has been doing some pretty weird stuff. So I got really scared because we've had the computer for 3 years now and I have thousands upon thousands of pictures and LOTS of home videos as well that I have never backed up! All these precious memories just sitting on my computer, vulnerable and unsafe. So I was feeling particularly scared one morning and raced out to Future Shop. I purchased an external hard drive with 1 terabyte of space on it. I lovingly brought it home and immediately backed up my pics, videos and all other important documents on my computer. Well, I must have been inspired because only a few weeks after backing it all up my hard drive suffered a massive failure and packed it in. Dead. Totally useless. So we lost our operating system as well and Microsoft Office. After about a week we finally found a hard drive and all other parts and software we needed to get things up and running. Currently we are running, but at an EXTREMELY slow pace. I don't know much about the internal workings of a computer, but apparently (according to my knowledgeable brother who has helped us through this trauma) we have a rather pathetic computer with basically no RAM. So I had bought Windows Vista with a free upgrade to Windows 7 when it comes out. But because we have no RAM, Vista is unbearably slow. So for now, this will be my update post. I couldn't possibly try and upload any pictures right now. Even opening up the Internet takes a good 2 minutes!!! So until we get some new RAM, my major catch up will have to wait. :( Sad cuz I got some good stuff!! But soon. Hopefully soon. Yes...I love technology...
0 Responses