Colette
While we were in Idaho, we came across a "Bumblebee" bike that was the right size for Mason. We had seen this one advertised back home, but it was never in stock, it was also priced for about half the cost!! So, in the presence of our soon to be 4 year old, we purchased the bike. And with no where to stash it, it was no surprise to him that it was for his birthday. So, just to make it official and to satisfy my need to throw birthday parties, I planned an "un-birthday" for him so that we could actually give him his present. We also wanted to give it to him a bit early so that we could squeeze as much ride time as we could before the fall and winter came along. I prepared his favourite: homemade (aka "real macaroni") and we had fresh, homemade blueberry pie instead of cake.
I think he likes it...
It's funny...he had seen this bike before, even had a try riding it in the store, but we kept in "hidden" for about a week and I guess the time apart was enough to make it seem almost like he was actually surprised! haha

They are all ready and decked out in their biking gear. After dinner and dessert we took them up to Mountain Park to have a go.

He did really well and is already a pro!


0 Responses