Ronan's party always sneaks up on me. It is right after Christmas (well...sort of...it feels like it is REALLY soon after Christmas because I usually start planning about a month in advance), so I always feel unprepared for it. Not to mention on top of that I have been really nauseated with this pregnancy. It has been so hard to wrap my mind around being pregnant and planning a party. Ronan had been asking for a "Big Truck" party and I just didn't have the energy to try and come up with anything creative on such a broad theme, so I...uhhh...sug...gested...with a hint of convincing power added in, that he has a pool party! I'm not a huge fan of these pre-planned parties hosted by an event center or a "boxed" birthday, but on occasion, they are definitely life savers!! They always turn out fun too, and I'm sure I'll do it again someday. The kids love them! I had been to a party before at the Mission Leisure Center and really liked what their birthday package had to offer so that is where we booked his party. It was GREAT for this sick momma! All I had to do was send out invites, bring cake, goodie bags, and a few treats for adults and extra munchkins running around. The Pool's party committee took care of all the decor and food! It was EXACTLY what I needed! The kids had a really great time and we all went swimming after. It turned out really great and very relaxing and simple. And of COURSE Ronan had a blast!
The party table and guests!
We discovered that Summer REALLY likes mustard! She dipped her fries in it! Sick!
Ronan had a good birthday and we all had lots of fun together!! I love this little man!
