Colette
Vancouver was selected to host the 2010 Winter Olympic Games!  So exciting!  The Winter Olympics is something that I have always enjoyed watching and to have it here so close to my home town is so amazing and SO much fun! 

Ronan's school has focused a lot of their attention on the Olympics since December.  They have done all kinds of crafts and projects relating to it.  To kick off the start of the Games, they had their own Opening Ceremonies and Olympic Games in the gym.  Ronan was SUPER excited for this and, only on the way to school on the day of, did I realize that he thought he was ACTUALLY going to go to the real Olympics and participate in an event!  Eeeeeeeeek!!  He's so precious!  He asked if they were going to go up the mountain (technically yes, since his school is "up the mountain" haha!).  I tried to down play it a bit and help him to realize that it wasn't actually the "real" thing and thought I had got my point across gently...
Apparently not. 

When Slade picked him up from school that day, he was informed by ours truly, that Ronan was the Gold medal winner of the two-man bob sleigh!!  He had a "gold medal" around his neck (streamer with a chocolate coin attached).  He was paired up with one of his buddies and they came in first.  He was SO proud of himself and his team-mate.  When they got home he came and found me and immediately puffed out his chest with his fists on his hips.  I of course puffed up his ego some more. 

He posed...



did some neat tricks on the couch...

and, phoned Aunty Irene to tell her all about it...this guy is so funny!

 I guess my subtle hints about it not being the real Olympics didn't take, because he really believes that he was an Olympic Champion for real!

 And to me...he really is. :P
0 Responses