Colette
Slade's Uncle and Aunt, George and Lucy Bates, celebrated their 50th anniversary this year in Trail, BC! We made a last minute decision and decided to attend the festivities! Unfortunately I forgot my camera at the hotel and so I don't have any pictures from the event. It was nicely decorated and had a really great program with lots of singing from the family! What a talented family!!! I was amazed and had a good time hanging with Slade's extended family and getting to know them better. We only get to see them once every 3 years, so things change a lot from then until now. They had a dance afterwards and Summer was in her glory!! That girl has got some moves! I wish so badly I had my camera there to take some pics and video. She was hilarious and had the best time of her life up to that point I'm sure!! She particularly like the old school songs from the 50's! After the reunion we headed down to Couer d'Alene, ID. We had been to an amusement park there called Silverwood and Boulder Park years ago when Ronan was only 6 months old, so we wanted to go back and check it out again. It is an amusement park mixed in with water slides! Your entry gets you into both parks. We started out at Silverwood and got right into the rides. Ronan and I went on this ride first. It was fun and Ronan got a real kick out of it!
The boys REALLY liked this ride. They went on it a few times, especially once it got later and the crowds started to thin out.

I, being a mean mother, forced the boys onto this rapid raft ride. teehee! It is by far one of the most calm raft rides I've ever been on. They plugged their ears the whole way down!


We got soaked, so we decided to hit up the water slides and let our clothes dry out in the sun for awhile. I had fun, but I don't think the boys were too impressed!


There weren't any rides there for our little princess to ride on, however, this was her throne for the day! We only had our umbrella stroller with us and we figured this was a better option so the boys could swap in and out when they got tired. It's a huge park and there was lots of walking involved. And no...I didn't let her drink all of that slurpee!! She just looked so cute holding this cup that was almost as big as her!!


Boys will be boys...they absolutely loved taking turns driving this antique car! They actually got to push the gas and break pedals and steer! There was a track that ran down the middle of the road to keep the car from going off the road, but they could maneuver it around slightly. The thrills!!


Poor Sum-bum, watching on. She was having a blast drinking blue slurpee and watching her shadow as she walked.


This was Ronan's second and Mason's first ride on the scrambler!! I videoed them as the ride went. Too fun!!


I had to include this. Mason says: "Mommy watch this trick!" He then hooks his elbows in his shirt, like this and laughs his head off!! Alright....(???) My Mase...so cute!


We got the kids a little gift from the gift shops to remember Silverwood. They both picked these frogs that had velcro on their hands and feet. The were thrilled to give their frogs a "froggy-back ride." Best buds, they are so sweet together!


We had a good trip. The kids travelled perfectly as usual! I am so blessed to have kids that love going on long car rides. Summer had a bit of a hard time, she doesn't sleep well when she isn't in her crib, so nights were a bit difficult and she didn't sleep a whole lot in the car. I had to spend lots of time in the back keeping her busy. But we managed and had a nice time together.

0 Responses