Colette
Slade had the opportunity to play baseball with the fire department in the World Police and Fire Games! The team was organized and started practise in March. It was pretty exciting for him and I was happy to see him tapping into something that he has loved and missed. Slade played baseball all through his childhood and youth. He got to play first base with his team and did a really great job! I went out to watch 3 of his 7 games, the first one in Surrey and the next two in Burnaby. It was lots of fun, and I was thankful for the good weather! Glad it wasn't raining and glad it wasn't 45 degrees out! I love watching sports, but I really miss playing sports as well. It was fun to watch Slade and his buddies pull it together. They went up against the team from Montreal that won the gold medal in last years WPFG!! So yeah...they got beat pretty bad for their first game. Their final game would determine who would go on to play for the bronze medal! They were so close and only lost by one run! It was a good game, an exciting experience and he had fun playing anyways. :) Here are some shots of the action:









0 Responses